|Scholarships and Awards|
Scholarship and Award Opportunities for AAAOM-SO Students
AAAOM-SO is pleased to present a current list of scholarship and award listings from alternative and Oriental medicine schools, companies and organizations. Please use the link in the title or access the school or organization website for further information concerning application procedures and requirements.
If you would like to recommend a web-based resource that's not included below, please contact us.
AAAOM will update this information as deadlines become available.
· Pursuit of holistic nursing education
· Maintenance of a 3.0 grade point average (on a 4.0 scale)
· Experience and interest in healing and holistic nursing practice
· Current membership in AHNA (Member for a minimum of six months at the time of application submission for the undergraduate award; member for a minimum of one year at the time of application submission for the graduate award)
Deadline: April 15 of the year for which the scholarship is awarded
The nuherbs Co. Scholarship Program awards three yearly scholarships to current enrollees of ACAOM accredited acupuncture schools:
1. nuherbs Scholarship: $2,000
2. Herbal Times Scholarship: $1,500
3. Jade Dragon Scholarship: $1,000
· Maintain minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 3.0
· Attend a participating ACAOM accredited acupuncture school
· Submit a completed application, including the essay, to your school´s financial aid office
Deadline: Check nuherb’s website for updated deadline information
This scholarship program was established to support students who have entered the last phases of their clinical training or who have undertaken post-graduate studies in acupuncture and Oriental medicine and show promise of making significant contributions either to clinical practice and/or to the understanding of the role of traditional Oriental medicine in a modern context.
· Completion of at least one full academic year of professional training
· Minimum cumulative GPA from ACAOM accredited college of AOM of 3.6
· Minimum cumulative GPA from Undergraduate Studies (accredited college) of 3.5
Each college can nominate up to three students.
The amount awarded in the scholarships and the number of scholarships given shall be determined each year by the Directors of the Foundation.
Deadline: November 15, 2014
National College of Natural Medicine (NCNM) offers a number of scholarships to honor achievement and assist students attending NCNM with their cost of education. Review each scholarship for eligibility requirements and deadlines.
1. Brant Ashton Memorial Scholarship: $2,500
2. Dr. Josh Berry Memorial Scholarship: $2,500
3. Bragg Health Foundation Scholarship: $2,000
4. Carlson Labs Scholarship: $2,000
5. Percy and Adrienne Frazier Scholarship: $1000
6. Marjorie A. Gage Research Scholarship: $2,000
7. Jere and Debra High Scholarship: $1,000
8. Konrad Kail Scholarship: $2,000
9. Friedhelm Kirchfeld Memorial Scholarship: $1000
10. 1000 Friends of NCNM Scholarship: $3,000
11. Zidell Family Scholarship: $3000
The Mayway Scholarship Program is open to doctorate of acupuncture and Oriental medicine and master's level students who are currently enrolled in an ACAOM–accredited college of Oriental medicine within the United States and who will be attending a college of OM in fall 2014.
Scholarships will be awarded yearly to one student at each school (list may expand in 2014):
1. Oregon College of Oriental Medicine: $2500
2. New York Finger Lakes: $2,500
3. Southern California University of Health Sciences: $2,500
4. The Academy of Oriental Medicine: $2,500
5. National University of Health Sciences: $2,500
· Attain a GPA greater than 2.9
· Provide a letter of recommendation
· Display contributions to the acupuncture profession
· Submit a 500-word essay about whole food nutrition and acupuncture
Deadline:The dates for advertising and submission of scholarship application will be up to each college.
Academic merit scholarships of up to $5,500 each are available each year to incoming students in the Acupuncture Institute at the University of Bridgeport.Eligibility requirements:Two of the scholarships are based on merit are reserved for incoming, full time students to the Acupuncture Institute. Requirements include completion of Scholarship Application Form and response to specific essay questions.
Five additional scholarships are directed towards specific groups:
· Dual-degree students who declare at start of their dual track careers
· Health professionals already in practice
· Physical arts professionals, including:
· Asian movements/Asian physical arts background
· Performance professionals (actors or dancers)
Applicants must complete the Scholarship Application Form, an essay, and meet other requirements.
Sallie Mae's free Scholarship Search offers access to an award database that contains more than 3 million scholarships worth over 16 billion dollars, and it is expanded and updated daily.
1/20/2015 » 3/10/2015
CEU: Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
2/6/2015 » 2/8/2015
CEU: Craniosacral Therapy - Level 2 - The Bones of the Skull, Face & Mouth
2/6/2015 » 2/8/2015
CEU: Aromatherapy & Essential Oils - Chemistry & Biology
2/7/2015 » 2/8/2015
CEU: Core Foundations - Clinical Wonders of Acupuncture
2/20/2015 » 2/23/2015
CEU: Craniosacral Therapy - Level 1: The Fascia System of the Body & Head
2/21/2015 » 2/22/2015
CEU: Indigenous Wisdom & Healing: Illumination & Protection