Scholarship and Award Opportunities for AAAOM-SO Students
AAAOM-SO is pleased to present a current list of scholarship and award listings from alternative and Oriental medicine schools, companies and organizations. Please use the link in the title or access the school or organization website for further information concerning application procedures and requirements.
AAAOM will update this information as deadlines become available.
Charlotte McGuire Scholarship Program
· Pursuit of holistic nursing education
· Maintenance of a 3.0 grade point average (on a 4.0 scale)
· Experience and interest in healing and holistic nursing practice
· Current membership in AHNA (Member for a minimum of six months at the time of application submission for the undergraduate award; member for a minimum of one year at the time of application submission for the graduate award)
Deadline: March 15 of the year for which the scholarship is awarded
The nuherbs Co. Scholarship Program awards three yearly scholarships to current enrollees of ACAOM accredited acupuncture schools:
1. nuherbs Scholarship: $2,000
2. Herbal Times Scholarship: $1,500
3. Jade Dragon Scholarship: $1,000
· Maintain minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 3.0
· Attend a participating ACAOM accredited acupuncture school
· Submit a completed application, including the essay, to your school´s financial aid office
Deadline: April 7, 2014 (check nuherb’s website for updated deadline information)
Trudy McAlister Foundation
This scholarship program was established to support students who have entered the last phases of their clinical training or who have undertaken post-graduate studies in acupuncture and Oriental medicine and show promise of making significant contributions either to clinical practice and/or to the understanding of the role of traditional Oriental medicine in a modern context.
· Completion of at least one full academic year of professional training
· Minimum cumulative GPA from ACAOM accredited college of AOM of 3.6
· Minimum cumulative GPA from Undergraduate Studies (accredited college) of 3.5
Each college can nominate up to three students.
The amount awarded in the scholarships and the number of scholarships given shall be determined each year by the Directors of the Foundation.
National College of Natural Medicine (NCNM) offers a number of scholarships to honor achievement and assist students attending NCNM with their cost of education. Review each scholarship for eligibility requirements and deadlines.
1. Brant Ashton Memorial Scholarship: $1,000
2. Dr. Josh Berry Memorial Scholarship: $3,000
3. Bragg Health Foundation Scholarship: $1,000
4. Carlson Labs Scholarship: $3,000
5. Percy and Adrienne Frazier Scholarship: $1000
6. Marjorie A. Gage Research Scholarship: $3,000
7. Jere and Debra High Scholarship: $1,000
8. Konrad Kail Scholarship: $2,000
9. 1000 Friends of NCNM Scholarship: $3,000
10. Popp-Noraine Scholarship: $1,000
11. Wise Woman Herbals Botanical Medicine Scholarship: $2,000
Mayway Scholarship Program
The Mayway Scholarship Program is open to doctorate of acupuncture and Oriental medicine and master's level students who are currently enrolled in an ACAOM–accredited college of Oriental medicine within the United States and who will be attending a college of OM in fall 2014.
Standard Process Scholarships Sponsored by Standard Process
Scholarships will be awarded yearly to one student at each school (list may expand in 2014):
1. Oregon College of Oriental Medicine: $2500
2. New York Finger Lakes: $2,500
3. Southern California University of Health Sciences: $2,500
4. The Academy of Oriental Medicine: $2,500
5. National University of Health Sciences: $2,500
· Attain a GPA greater than 2.9
· Provide a letter of recommendation
· Display contributions to the acupuncture profession
· Submit a 500-word essay about whole food nutrition and acupuncture
If you are interested in learning more about this program and other scholarship programs offered by Standard Process, contact Lisa Hackett at 800-848-5061 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: The dates for advertising and submission of scholarship application will be up to each college.
Honora Wolfe, Bob Flaws Acupuncture Scholarships at the University of Bridgeport
Academic merit scholarships of up to $5,500 each are available each year to incoming students in the Acupuncture Institute at the University of Bridgeport.
Eligibility requirements:Two of the scholarships are based on merit are reserved for incoming, full time students to the Acupuncture Institute. Requirements include completion of Scholarship Application Form and response to specific essay questions.
Five additional scholarships are directed towards specific groups:
· Dual-degree students who declare at start of their dual track careers
· Health professionals already in practice
· Physical arts professionals, including:
· Asian movements/Asian physical arts background
· Performance professionals (actors or dancers)
Applicants must complete the Scholarship Application Form, an essay, and meet other requirements.
Loftbed Scholarship Program
Loftbed has offered an annual $500 scholarship essay challenge since 2002. This program is on temporary hold. Please subscribe to receive updated information:
· Subscribe to the OP Loftbed Company Blog
· Follow OP Loftbed on Twitter
· Become a Fan of OP Loftbed on Facebook
About the OP Loftbed Scholarship
Sallie Mae’s Scholarship Search
Sallie Mae's free Scholarship Search offers access to an award database that contains more than 3 million scholarships worth over 16 billion dollars, and it is expanded and updated daily.